Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing #9 Blog Search Engines

I found Technorati to be a useful search engine for blogs. It was easy to use and easy to click on the blog and do a quick read to see if it was something I would want to keep up with. The Cool Cat Teacher blog’s post about your circle of friends was very informative. Unless I am your best friend, I am looking for information that will help me in the library or classroom. I am not interested in pages and loads of pictures of your personal life.

Google Blog Search reminds me of a regular google search where a lot of titles come up, but a majority of them are not what I am seeking. I felt the same way about Bloglines.

I found Topix.net to be appealing. It listed current events and you could navigate to the full story and you could read people’s opinions/comments and add your two cents in, if you were so inclined.

I did find a blog with recipes containing low glycemic index foods, a library-tech-classroom blog which looked motivating, and a celebrity gossip blog (guilty pleasure). I liked School Library Blogs on Superglu, it picked different posts from various library blogs and put them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment