Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing #8 RSS Feeds

Google Reader is a great way to keep up with a lot of things at once. I set up my five subscriptions and had 137 items right away to go look at. I see how this could be a terrific way to stay current on topics and websites you are interested in. It is a time saver and who wouldn't appreciate that aspect.

In my personal life, I see if I am interested in receiving updated information about live music in local venues or new recipes on my favorite recipe websites. For career purposes, I could remain aware of issues concerning educational issues.

Librarians could be alerted to new book information and updated blog information. It is a one-stop place for current information that you are interested in.

1 comment:

  1. By now you may be thinking, "It's too late to finish." but really you can get 23 Things done if you will remember that the program isn't intended to make you a pro in each tool. Spend time investigating, accomplish the assigned task and then move on to the next tool. You can come back later to play longer with your favorite tools. Keep going and we'll see you at the finish.

    ReplyDelete