Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing # 14 Technorati

Technorati is a blog search engine. I found it to be too busy. There was not a category for education, so how do you find blogs pertaining to education issues only? When you type in a long item to search for like School library learning 2.0 and want to re-type it, it does not memorize what you have looked for before and I find this inconvenient. When I did search for School Library, the first search pulled up 182 listings. Next, I searched using filters and received 74 postings and they were not the Spring Branch blog.

This maybe a good starting point to search for blogs, but I did not like it. Listening to the video of the employees of the company, they have a grand idea of blogs being the "voice of the people", but there are a lot of voices to listen to and dredge through.

No comments:

Post a Comment