Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing # 11 LibraryThing

WOW!! Where has this been all my life. I have always wanted an easy way to keep up with books that I have read. I use to be a romance novel junkie, and I went through so many, I would forget what I had read and ended up getting one I had already read. I do NOT like to pay full price, so I hit the library, used book stores, and e-bay for bargains. Of course, you can't beat the library, except they do not always carry the newest works.

I see this as being a very helpful tool I will use in my life. Last year my 5th grade students would recommend books and even let me borrow theirs. Now I have a somewhere to keep track of my reading. Also, I had a friend borrow a book and did not realize he still had it and now I can put a comment to remind me of who has a book, or who I borrowed it from. FANTASTIC! The recommended books on the website was an added bonus.

I looked at the what are you reading now group. I can see where this could be handy when I have more time to explore.

1 comment:

  1. If you really want to enjoy it get the cuecat, it reads the isbn numbers!!

    ReplyDelete