Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing #12 Commenting

I agree with the point V. Davis, Cool Cat, made about making your comment more meaningful than just saying “great” or “right”. It would be more beneficial to the blogger if the commenter would go into more detail about what is so great about the post. Also, she states that if you disagree with a posting to not make your words harsh, but to do it in a kind way. This is showing respect and if you do it rather harshly, people may not keep reading your suggestions because they would be turned-off right away. Her posting had several good points about commenting.

Darren Rowse’s posting had a good suggestion about asking open-ended questions. This could elicit responses from others and this is what makes a good blog, when you have a community that participates and gets involved.

I feel as an American citizen our politicians need to hear our opinion, therefore, I perused through the Houston Chronicle blog in the politics section and made a comment on a Texas Library calendar. Next I went to the Huffington Post page and checked out the living section and read a post by Hillary Fields, I love to cook (and eat). She expounded on her experience to eat 90 salads in 90 days. There was a link to some salad recipes, I just love how salads have gone beyond lettuce and tomatoes.

I commented on these blogs: Brooke’s 2.0 Blog, Mrs. Maslonka’s Moose, Rochelle’s Blog, 23 things I learned, and The Library Window.

No comments:

Post a Comment